Why do we collect personal information?
Virtual HQ only collects personal information from you if that information is reasonably necessary for or directly related to, one or more of Virtual HQ's functions and activities. For example, we collect your personal information to enable us to provide you with the quality tools and services you are seeking to manage your own business.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we may collect include details of your name, date of birth, street address, email address, telephone number that we may direct your calls to and a mobile number that we can send notification messages to and credit card and bank account details.
Virtual HQ may also collect and store your Client username information and password when you register and subscribe on the Website.
From time to time, you may be able to visit the Website anonymously or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, as we require certain personal information such as your name, current e-mail address, postcode and gender to be able to provide you with the Subscriber services, if you do not provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with access to those services.
How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information which you have voluntarily provided to us, or consented to us collecting.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways. For example, when you:
- register for a Client Account on our Website – we need to collect your name, contact information and, when we ask you to set up a Client Account, we collect your username identification and password;
- order or purchase products or Virtual Reception services on our Website – we need to collect your name, contact information (in particular an email address), your credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date;
- subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list;
- respond to a survey we may conduct, or fill out a form or similar;
- enter into competitions or promotions; or
- contact us – for example, telephone calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes and, if so, you will be informed of this at the commencement of the call and given the opportunity not to proceed with the call or not have the call recorded.
We may also collect personal information:
- from our authorised resellers;
- from publicly available sources of information, such as market research providers;
- from third party companies such as law enforcement agencies and other government entities; and
- when you visit our website, Facebook page or any other webpages that we own and manage.
We will only collect your personal information from third parties if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect that personal information from you directly. If and when we do collect personal information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to inform you.
How and what do we use your personal information for?
By submitting your personal information to Virtual HQ and by using the Website, you agree that Virtual HQ may obtain, hold and use your information for the purposes of providing you with products or services and for its internal business purposes.
Any of the personal information we collect may be used in any one or more of the following ways related to providing you with the quality products and services you requested:
- Processing transactions and managing your Client Account – your personal information will allow us to process any orders and transactions you make for products and services and to generate and send you bills, invoices, receipts and otherwise manage your Client Account with Virtual HQ;
- Managing your Virtual HQ Virtual Reception – your personal information will allow our Virtual HQ team to provide you with tailored and relevant services, for example, when answering and receiving calls or messages or making appointments on your behalf;
- Personalising your customer experience – your personal information will help us to better respond to your individual Client needs and requests;
- Protecting the security of our website and business – your financial information will only be used to process transactions, charge the appropriate subscription fees in accordance with our terms and conditions and to meet our obligations under privacy and fraud legislation;
- Managing your concerns and our customer services – we may use your personal information to contact you when responding to your enquiries or complaints and other customer care services or activities and support needs;
- Keeping you informed – we may use your email address to send you information and updates relating to your transactions and your Client Account, as well as to send you occasional company news, updates and related or new product and service information;
- Conducting contests, promotions, surveys and other site features – your personal information will assist us to provide you with opportunities to participate in various promotional activities and other site features to enhance your experience with Virtual HQ; and
- For any other purposes that would be reasonably expected to allow us to comply with our obligations under the law.
If Virtual HQ uses your personal information for any other purpose, we will obtain your consent to use that personal information, if and when required.
How do I unsubscribe from marketing materials?
If you would rather not receive communications about our latest products and services, changes to products and services, company information or promotional opportunities, you can opt out. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails of this kind, you can do so by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email.
However, please be aware that we will still need your essential personal information to assist in the management of your Client Account, purchases and in providing you the services you require.
Do we disclose any of your personal information?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties. However, this does not include trusted third parties to whom we are required to provide information by law or who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Where we do provide your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient protects your privacy.
This may include disclosure both within and outside Australia to:
- Our third party service and content providers, such as payment processors, authorised resellers, agents, contractors and advisors;
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- Regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally; and
- Any other person or for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
Occasionally, the information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to staff and third parties working outside of Australia, for example [overseas support staff etc].
Where we do disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, these recipients are most likely to be located in the US or the UK but this list of countries / regions is not exhaustive
In the event that your personal information is disclosed outside Australia, you acknowledge that by providing us with your personal information, you consent to such overseas disclosure. By consenting to such disclosure, you acknowledge that:
- Virtual HQ will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988, for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient; and
- you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act against Virtual HQ for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
What security measures does Virtual HQ use to protect your personal information?
Virtual HQ takes such steps as reasonable, in the circumstances, to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorised use, access, modification, interference or disclosure and loss.
In order to protect your information, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a transaction on the Website, or enter, submit or access your personal information via your Client Account or Message Centre. For example, we use a secure server for online credit card transactions with up to date encryption methods. Information on this secure server is not available to Virtual HQ staff.
However, by its nature, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted on the internet is 100% secure. By providing us with your personal information and continuing to use the Website to make transactions, you agree and acknowledge that Virtual HQ shall not be liable to you or any other person for any of the following:
- Performance, security, reliability and your competence in using the internet, telecommunication companies, and internet service providers in transmitting information;
- The confidentiality of your Subscriber password and the use of the Virtual HQ Messaging by third parties for any reason. You are responsible for your own password security and must ensure that this password is not disclosed to any third party, for whatever reason; and
- Security of any information transmitted on the internet.
How do we maintain the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you?
Virtual HQ aims to take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose about you is accurate, up to date and complete.
However, the accuracy of your personal information is largely reliant on the quality of the information you provide to us. To ensure that we always have your most current and accurate personal information, please contact us as soon as practicably possible when your information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you access and/or correct personal information we hold about you?
Yes, you are entitled to access the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. There are some exceptions specified by law where we may refuse your request. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
If you would like to access your personal information or if you believe that your personal information may be inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, you can make a request for access or correction by sending an email email@example.com We will endeavour to respond to your request for access and/or correction within a reasonable period after your request is made and we may charge reasonable costs for responding to the request.
How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you have any concerns that your privacy has been compromised or have any other privacy related complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you within 10 business days to confirm receipt of your email. We will then investigate your complaint and provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Virtual Headquarters Pty Ltd
Level 14, 275 Alfred Street
North Sydney NSW 2060